Sunday, June 19, 2016

Bride by Mistake-Book Review #11


Bride by Mistake by Nicole Helm is a book that was recommended to me and although I am not finished with it I got far enough into it to give my opinion so far. Bride by Mistake is about a mid-twenties woman, Kaitlin, who goes to the wedding of her sister and the man Kaitlin loves. After the wedding, Kailin is upset because she watched the man she loves marry another woman. So Kaitlin turns to her brothers friend and business partner, Beckett.

Beckett is the "bad boy" whereas Kaitlin is a responsible virgin who always has to plan everything.  Kaitlin and Beckett have known each other growing up but they never could seem to get along. Beckett always seems to get on Kaitlin's nerves and they couldn't be happier being enemies.

On the night of the wedding, Kaitlin decides she doesn't want to be a predictable, good girl anymore. She wants to make a bad decision just once in her life so she follows Beckett out of the reception, hops on his motorcycle and heads to a bar. After a few drinks they go back to Kaitlin's house and of course end up sleeping together. After not speaking or seeing each other for a month, Kaitlin finds out she is pregnant and Beckett decides he wants to be a part of the babies life and thinks they could get married.

That is as far as I am so far in the book so I don't know how it turns out but I will be sure to (attempt to) remember to update on the ending. So far it is really well written but it can be very sexual and X-rated so it is mostly for adult readers. I love the character of Beckett and I can definitely relate to Kailin since I am pretty reserved as well.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good love story that grows with each chapter mixed with light smut.

No comments:

Post a Comment