Wednesday, September 28, 2016

This Place



I feel your icy lips
Brush across my face.
For so many years I have been longing,
for your sweet embrace. 

________________________

Reaching my hand up,
I place it on my cheek,
Trying to soak up
Where your lingering touch is weak. 

________________________
I feel your gentle hands
Tightly grip my face
I really wish you were here,
In this saddened place.
________________________

I pretend that you are here,
I see your face in the mirror.
I wish it wouldn’t be,
But you are a part of me.
______________________

Everything beautiful reminds me of you.
Even a flower or a fancy shoe.
Pain like this
Is nothing new.
A single tear traces my face,
how did I end up here
in this painful place?

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy, your blog is awesome and believe me so is your poetry:)
    I too have a blog please just check it out https://tech14o.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete