Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Hidden Staircase- Book review # 2


For my next book review I decided to do a book from my favorite female detective, Nancy Drew! I began reading Nancy Drew (by Carolyn Keen) books since I was very young (when most kids were still reading Captain Underpants) and had to share one of my favorites. This particular case is called The Hidden Staircase, involves 18-Year-Old detective Nancy Drew investigating a “haunted house.” The owner of the house, Aunt Rosemary and her niece reported voices, strange music, creaking at night and objects going missing. Nancy must figure out if it really is ghostly activity, or a more rational, and criminal explanation. She comes to the conclusion that this is not ghostly activity but in fact a person trying to scare them away, but why? While working on this mystery Nancy is also dealing with problems regarding her father and a missing man named Willie Wharton. I don’t want to give any of it away so you will have to read it for yourself but in the end Nancy saves a family from losing their home and closes another case (obviously.) Also, If you enjoy Nancy Drew books there are some awesome PC games by Her Interactive™ that are absolutely amazing! I love this book, as well as the other ND books because I love mystery novels and I like how Nancy is so relatable  and she is definitely an inspiration to young girls who love a little sleuthing. So if you enjoy a good mystery pick up The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keen!

No comments:

Post a Comment